Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Iron Giants

Lately I've been doodling giant steam-powered robot-knights -- which sounds a lot cooler than it is, because mine always come out dorky looking. This is a more common affliction than people think. My physician assures me it's just a phase and I'll be perfectly fine if I redirect my attention elsewhere for a little while... like, for instance, the ridiculously exciting Heavy update for Team Fortress 2.

More on that later, when it becomes a tactile reality.

In the meantime, here are those aforementioned steambots.



An unfortunately-rushed watercolor poopie from a week or two ago. I had originally roughed in a crowd around the central figure to establish scale, but ended up obliterating pretty much everything out of sheer inexperience.



Warm-up sketch of the day. In hindsight, even this minimal background seems extraneous, but it may be worth salvaging for speedpaint practice later on.

No comments: