Monday, August 18, 2008

A Miserable Little Pile of Secrets

I feel a little bad about not updating over the weekend, and the only excuse I have is the rather pithy declaration that nothing I've done recently has been that good.

Then again, today's basically my last good opportunity for an art update. There's a chill wind on the horizon, and it foretells many an evening of artwork neglect.

So, with some further ado, but not too much, I present today's installment of Ethermancer. The following is basically a housecleaning of all -- well, most -- of the summer sketches I've heretofore withheld. Some are simply not up to snuff from a technical standpoint, while others are simply rushed or unfinished concepts. Hopefully, though, there's enough interesting stuff in this miscellania to warrant a glance.


This one was based off of a statue in Madrid. I sort of don't know what happened to it.

Con-goers, referenced from here.

More badly needed face practice.


I drew these guys pretty early in the summer. Their names are Ed and Nom... or, if you prefer, NomNomNom.

That was the first unintentional reference. The other would be Ed's surpassing resemblance to Catsby. In their defense, though, I don't think these two would inhabit the mien of Victorian surrealism. So you see, it's not a total ripoff.



This is probably the oldest thing from this summer. I scrawled this as a rough concept for a story idea I had been kicking around for some time, but as you can see, I didn't make it through this particular rendition. The original idea, though, may return when it's finally fleshed out.



Another unfinished concept for yet another project. Personally, I think this one needs moar robot.

(Actually, I think that about most things.)





I drew this one just yesterday. The funny thing about this one is the further south you look, the further south it goes. I might give this one a coloring job just for practice, but either I'll confine the focus to just the parts that work or (if I'm feeling ambitious) attempt a simultaneous paintover/drawing correction.

No comments: