Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Quelques Choses

Something about the impending holiday season makes me want to do a little sketchbook housecleaning, so here are a few scrapped character concepts that I never bothered to upload.
A mechanically-minded daughter of privilege, intended as a sidekick to Hephaestus. Design-wise, I think I took a little too strongly after Jason Chan here. Plus, the concept of a cute girl tagging along with a steel behemoth been sort of prominent lately, so I decided to shelf the idea.
I was being influenced by quite a few things when I drew this -- namely a few French animators,with just the barest hint of the new Prince of Persia.  I never got around to drawing more expressions and poses for her.
This is Tom, a zombie who's just the slightest bit miffed about having his eternal reward interrupted. This was back when I was looking at Steve Purcell and harboring vague plans of doing a necromantic slapstick comedy.

2 comments:

Brian Belida said...

Zombays! A necromantic slapstick comedy sounds pretty great if you ask me.

*clicks to Steve Purcell's site*

OH GOD ANNE HATHAWAY

Patrick said...

Thanks man!

Yeah, I don't know what that Anne Hathaway stuff was about. His OTHER stuff, though, is really quite good; he's the artist behind Monkey Island and Sam and Max, after all.