Thursday, September 25, 2008

Half-life Blowout

I've been lax in updating with Grudemath-related art, so hopefully this will bring things up to speed.

Last Friday's match covered the bulk of Highway 17, which continues to hold a strange appeal for me. Even with the awful car controls and loading tunnels weighing against it, I think the sheer atmosphere manages to win through.

Nova Prospekt, which puts Gordon Freeman in command of a swarming column of vicious alien insectoids, probably called for a different kind of illustration. Still, I can't help but think exit drew the superior interpretation.
About five minutes into working on the last Wednesday's sketch, I thought of a much, much better angle. Here's Ravenholm shrouded under the malign Dark Hour from Persona 3.

Note that about 80% of this is a pretty close study of official P3 artwork, so I can't claim originality here. Still, it was great practice and tremendous fun to paint.

No comments: